Monday, May 6, 2013

27 Weeks!!!!!


How Far Along: 27 Weeks!!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 9 pounds as of my last appointment. Probably up a few more…I have no idea. My OB doesn’t say much about it…

Maternity Clothes: Yuppers!  Some of my shirts are getting too short because I am so big…LOL

Movement: More and more every day, now to get Todd to feel them from the outside.  Every time he puts his hand on them they stop!  Little stinkers!!!

Sleep: The hip pain is still there in the wee hours of the morning it kicks in. Thankfully I am able to reposition myself and fall right back to sleep.

Gender: A boy and a girl!!!

Symptoms: Fatigue, round ligament pain/cramping, stuffiness, hip pain.

Cravings: No real cravings.

Freak-out of the Week: No freak-outs! Just happy to feel them moving around – it keeps me calm.

Looking Forward To: Finishing up the nursery.  Worked on it a little bit after we got home yesterday from our babymoon.

Next Appointment: Growth ultrasound is May 8th. OB appointment on May 9th.

Miscellaneous: Found out I have gestational diabetes (though I think my OB is being a tad cautious…) so I have to watch what I eat and check my blood sugar.  I also have to meet with a nutritionist to go over my diet…though I have altered what I am eating and am seeing numbers in a good range, so we’ll see.  Still getting used to checking all the time.  Went on our babymoon and forgot to bring extra test strips so I basically took the weekend off and ate what I wanted and didn’t check my sugars.  I am back on track today.

Also amazed that these two will be here in less than 11 weeks!!!  I have to tell myself I am in the homestretch and I can really stop worrying so much about them actually getting here!!!

 

27 Weeks - At 27 weeks, baby is breathing (it’s amniotic fluid, not air, but it still counts) and even showing brain activity. You’ve got a lot on your brain, too, from wondering what labor and delivery is going to be like to trying to find the best pediatrician for baby. The annoying symptoms you’ve been having probably aren’t going away, but at least you’ve probably found some ways to deal with them -- and hey, maybe you’re used to them right now. As you say goodbye to the second trimester, you can look forward to some pretty embarrassing stuff (like having to pee all the time -- and maybe even when you don’t mean to at all) that’s all par for the late-pregnancy course. It’s time to head down the home stretch. Are you ready?

Your baby's the size of a rutabaga!

At 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, she's not just getting bigger, she's getting smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment