Tuesday, May 14, 2013

MRI done

So yesterday the hospital called to schedule my fetal MRI for our little boy.  They managed to get me in this morning at 6:40am. 

I got up at 5:30am and got ready.  It was only a 25 minute ride to the office.  I got there and they got me checked in.  I thought I chose my clothes wisely but I noticed a small metal button on my shorts so I had to ask for something to change into.  They gave me a pair of hospital pants.  I would have needed three of them to go around my big prgenant belly.  They ended up giving me a couple of gowns to use.

Now to load me into the tube.  They get me on the platform which is no wider than a diving board (and about as comfortable I would imagine) and try to jam me in head first.

I use the comparison of stuffing a sausage.  My arms were pinned to my side and the were pushing on my belly trying to get me in.  Well, I freaked!!  Oh hell no!!  They had to find another way.

So they offered to put me in feet first.  Okay sounds better since my head would actually be out of the tube.  So they flipped me around and told me my arms would have to be over my head.  OKay I can handle that. 

They advised that during the test they would be asking me to take a deep breath and to hold it as long as I could until they told me to breathe again.  Sounded easy enough until I realized that after I got my belly smooshed back in the tube that the babies were literally on my lungs.

I had to find my happy place.  I actually used some of my breathing techniques from my childbirth class to find some peace.  Then my shoulders started to ache.  Then my lower back and my hips.

It was easily an hour of being crammed in the tube.  The babies were not happy at all!!  But I got through it even though I wanted to give up.

Now I just have to wait for the results which I should have by Friday.

And as promised, here is my 28 week picture from yesterday!!

1 comment:

  1. You look great, Mama! Wow, that MRI sounds very uncomfortable and claustrophobic. I'm glad you got through it ok. Praying all is well with Baby Boy!

    ReplyDelete