Monday, May 13, 2013

28 Weeks!! Hello third trimester!!!


How Far Along: 28 Weeks!! The beginning of the third trimester!!!  84 days left to my 40 week due date!!

 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 13 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Not bad seeing how 5 pounds of that is baby.

 

Maternity Clothes: Yes! Glad it’s warming up because now I can just throw on a dress in the morning, though that means I have to try and shave my legs regularly and that’s getting harder to do!!

 

Movement: Definitely more frequent.  Todd was actually able to feel our son from the outside over the weekend which I am so happy about.

 

Sleep: Still dealing with hip pain, some night being better than others.  Last night I had horrible gas cramping so that kept me up for a while.

 

Gender: A boy and a girl!!!

 

Symptoms: Fatigue, round ligament pain/cramping, stuffiness, hip pain.

 

Cravings: No real cravings.

 

Freak-out of the Week: No freak-outs! Just happy to feel them moving around – it keeps me calm.

 

Looking Forward To: Continuing to work on the nursery and getting the fetal MRI done so we can find out what is going on with our son.  Hoping it’s nothing.

 

Next Appointment: OB appointment 5/23 and growth ultrasound 5/30

 

Miscellaneous: Doing fine with the GD diagnosis.  I see a nutritionist next week though I seem to be doing alright picking the proper foods to eat.  Called to schedule the fetal MRI this morning and they haven’t gotten my paperwork yet.  MFM was supposed to have sent it over on Friday and they can’t locate it so I’m still waiting for that.

 

Otherwise, everything else is going well.  I am doing laundry like crazy and trying to work on the nursery in my spare time and when I have the energy.  I’ll post pictures of my large bump later; I want Todd to take some of me since mine didn’t come out that great this morning.  J

 

28 Weeks - At week 28, baby is putting on layers of fat and weighs in around 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, measuring about 13.6 to 14.8 inches. Her skin has a smoother and less wrinkled appearance too. And her lungs are mature enough that she could probably breathe on her own if she were born prematurely. Plus, her eyes, which can open and close now, can sense changes to light as well.

Baby can see? Well, the groundwork for vision has been laid, but baby's sight will actually continue to develop during infancy after she's born. Still, those blinking peepers are still something to get excited over!

Phew, you did it -- you're in your third trimester! The end being within site might make you feel relieved, or it might make you feel a little nervous. One thing is certain: This baby is going to come out soon, which is why it's a good time to start making plans for your new life with a baby (like figuring out exactly how to install that car seat).

Plus, while you're probably still feeling semi-good during pregnancy, some fatigue may be sneaking back in, and you'll find that you could be making frequent toilet trips again, not to mention it's getting tougher and tougher to tie your shoes as your belly grows.
 

Babies are the size of eggplants!
 

1 comment:

  1. When I was pregnant I found that placing a pillow under the baby bump, as well as between the knees, helped with my hip pain.

    ReplyDelete