Monday, April 29, 2013

26 Weeks!!


How Far Along: 26 Weeks!!

 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 9 pounds as of my last appointment.  Probably up a few more…I have no idea.  My OB doesn’t say much about it…

 

Maternity Clothes: Yuppers!

 

Movement: A lot more during the day now.  I can feel these little rumbles in my belly…silly kids…

 

Sleep: The hip pain is still there in the wee hours of the morning it kicks in. Thankfully I am able to reposition myself and fall right back to sleep.

 

Gender: A boy and a girl!!!

 

Symptoms: Fatigue, round ligament pain/cramping, stuffiness, hip pain.

 

Cravings: No real cravings

 

Freak-out of the Week: No freak-outs! Just happy to feel them moving around – it keeps me calm.

 

Looking Forward To: Our mini babymoon this weekend.  We are going north to Centennial, CO and on Saturday going to a spa for massages and manicures and then Sunday brunch at the hotel we are staying at.

 

Next Appointment: Growth ultrasound is May 8th.  OB appointment on May 9th.

 

Miscellaneous: Finished with Childbirth classes.  We are ready – but hopefully not for another 10 weeks or so.  J

 

My shower this past weekend was great.  Small and intimate but filled love and laughter.  I’ll try and get some pictures up when I can later this week.

 

Now we are working on getting the nursery set up.  We cleared the room and yesterday Todd and I put together both cribs and the changing table.  Took us about 2 hours to put everything together so that was pretty easy.  Need a few essentials, like mattresses and whatnot, but we will get those in the next couple of weeks.

 

26 Weeks - Baby is still growing in the 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range, and while her eyes are still forming during week 26, they’ll open soon. Hello, baby! Her eyelashes have grown in, too, and she's getting her immune system ready for the outside world by getting antibodies from you.

Plus, baby’s little lungs are starting to produce surfactant, the fatty substance that coats the inside lining of the lungs’ tiny air sacs, helping them to expand during breathing. And her skin has developed its color as well, because her body is now making melanin.

Your baby's the size of a head of lettuce!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment