Monday, April 1, 2013

22 Weeks!!


How Far Along: 22 Weeks!

 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m probably up 7-8 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight which is awesome.

 

Maternity Clothes: YES!! Some of my pants I no longer have to wear a Belly Band with – they stay up on their own!

 

Movement: More and more flutters. Not totally distinguishable but they are getting more frequent though not very hard. I thought I might have felt a few pronounced kicks but maybe once or twice a day.  Still nothing consistent.

 

Sleep: Not bad.  I got pillow for between my knees that I use at night for a while.  Helps with the hip pain but it’s kind of uncomfortable too, so I use it for the first half of the night and then lose it for the second half.  By the time I get up my hips are sore but I’m sleeping better.

 

Gender: A boy and a girl!!!

 

Symptoms: Fatigue, round ligament pain/cramping, stuffiness, hip pain.

 

Cravings: Sweets…lots of sweets. And Salt & Vinegar potato chips. YUM…

 

Freak-out of the Week: A friend of mine delivered her twin boys this past weekend at 29 weeks.  Just a scary thought to think about them being here so soon.  It’s entirely possible, but obviously we are staying positive that they will cook as long as possible.  But when they want out it’s kind of hard to stop them.

 

Looking Forward To: Shower invites will be going out soon. Working on the planning for that and looking forward to feeling more movement for sure.


Next Appointment: April 10th for a cervical and growth check.  This will be my last cervical check with MFM.  Then it should just be growth checks every four weeks.  Also have an OB appointment on April 11th.

Miscellaneous: BP is looking good.  Cervix was great last week at 4.66cm.  Everything points to good things.  Tomorrow we have our breastfeeding class.  We already did Newborn Care and on Sunday start 4 weeks of childbirth classes.

 

22 Weeks - At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your babies are starting to look like miniature newborns. Their lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and they’re even developing tiny tooth buds beneath their gums. Their eyes have formed, but the irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment