Monday, March 25, 2013

21 Weeks!! Woohoo!!


How Far Along: 21 WEEKS!!!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m probably up 2-3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight which is awesome. 

Maternity Clothes: YES!! Some of my pants I no longer have to wear a Belly Band with – they stay up on their own!

Movement: More and more flutters. Not totally distinguishable but they are getting more frequent though not very hard.  Last night when I was trying to sleep I was pretty sure I had some distinct flutters but I can never be sure…

Sleep: Horrendous hip pain is keeping me up as of the last few days.  I try and switch sides as often as I can but they ache after laying on my side for a while.  Not much I can do about that.

Gender: A boy and a girl!!!

Symptoms: Fatigue, round ligament pain/cramping, stuffiness, hip pain.

Cravings: Sweets…lots of sweets. And Salt & Vinegar potato chips. YUM…

Freak-out of the Week: Yesterday I had some horrible cramps.  I laid down and drank some water and they got much better.  From what I can tell it was just round ligament pain but I’m looking forward to our appointment this week for sure.

Looking Forward To: Shower invites will be going out soon.  Working on the planning for that and looking forward to feeling more movement for sure.

Next Appointment: March 27th for a cervical check and March 28th for a blood pressure check.

Miscellaneous: Worrying about the BP meds I am on.  I have been taking my BP at home as instructed and on Saturday it was low…like 100/63 low…I don’t think I need to be on it, but we’ll see what the OB says on Thursday.
 

21 weeks – Babies are about the size of pomegranates.  Measuring about 10.5 inches and about 12.2 ounces each.  During week 21, babies digestive systems prep for the outside world; they’re manufacturing meconium -- the tarry black substance you'll find in her first dirty diaper (ew)!

1 comment:

  1. Karen, not sure how I came across your blog one day but I've been following you for quite some time. I can't tell you how happy I am for you and your growing little family!! So awesome to come back each week as you post your pregnancy progress! I used to refer to mine as my "bumpdates" (updates on the bump) :)
    We were just blessed with a beautiful little boy on Feb 1st..so amazing! Can't wait for you to meet your little boo's!! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete