Friday, March 15, 2013

Updates!

So I had my big anatomy scan on Wednesday and a meeting with my OB on Thursday.  Here are the updates!!!

The anatomy scan took about an hour long to do both babies and to measure my cervix.  There were lots of pictures taken (162 total) and lots of measurements. 

Everything is perfect!!  No genetic markers for anything so all the worrying early on over T13 and T18 was for nothing!  The only thing that they mentioned was that one baby had one slightly enlarged kidney but it's not anything to worry about.  I even discussed it with my OB and it's no cause for concern.

And for the big news...

BOY & GIRL!
 
What a blessing to have a son and a daughter come into our lives. 
 
They measured my cervix and it's at a 5!!  It was at 3.8 two weeks ago so it's actually lengthening!!  No concern over my cervix at all!  We will keep checking it but everything looks great!!  Definitely a relief!!
 
 
As for the OB appointment, everything is fine there.  Blood pressure was a tad high (150/78) so they put me on a low dose medication and I go back in two weeks to see how it's working.  I have to monitor my BP at home three times a week between now and then which is no big deal.
 
Other than that everything is fine!  Going great actually!  Getting ready to start figuring out my shower dates and we already registered for some items.  So it feel good and I'm starting to feel more confident in the way things are.  The date to remember is April 29th.  That would be 26 weeks and good viability.  Hoping for 35 weeks or longer though so we will see.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am SO SO happy to read this Karen. All the luck in the world to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete