Monday, February 13, 2012

Wow...I haven't updated this in forever...

So just an update and where I am with our TTC journey.  I am going to try and be better with updating this blog because I think I need to for me.

I had my surgery in June 2011 to correct the uterine septum again.  Everything was looking great and we were able to start a medicated cycle in July.  We found out on August 22nd that our IUI had worked and we were pregnant.

We had our first ultrasound on our 4th anniversary and found out we were expecting identical twins!  we were over the moon.  Shortly after that I started to have some spotting and bleeding and was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage.  I ended up on bedrest for two weeks but the babies were doing great.  Everytime we saw them they had fantastic heart beats and were wiggling around.

On November 15, 2011 we had a routine ultrasound and again perfection.  At 5:45 that evening my water broke.  We went to the ER and we were told that there was virtually no fluid around the babies and we were going to lose them.

We went to my OB the next day and he confirmed that I was going to miscarry and suggested the best thing to do would be to go to L&D and be induced since Baby A was already in the birth canal.  We went in and that evening I gave birth to two precious little boys.  We named them Tobin and Miles.

Our hearts were broken but we are moving on.

It's been almost three months since we lost the boys, and this month marks 3 whole years TTC.

I have lost weight, mostly from the pregnancy.  I gained a bit back because I have been slacking, but I'm still down over 40 pounds from a year ago.  Hoping this will help with some of my fertility issues.  Also hoping that 2012 will bring Todd and I a miracle baby.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I found you via babycenter in the May birth club. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your precious babies. :( I have also felt the sorrow of infertility, and I wanted to tell you that I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet! I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen,

    I'm Amy, the volunteer story poster who just published your story on Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope.

    I wanted to tell you that your story has so many similarities to mine it's almost scary...from the insulin resistance, to the battle with infertility, conception of twins through superovulation IUI, to the ruptured amniotic membranes and second trimester loss through induction of labor, to infection being named the culprit. I was so stunned after reading it while I was posting it I there weren't words.

    I blog, too, and am going to link to you through my sidebar. If that's not ok, please drop me a note and let me know and I'll take you off immediately.

    Have you found the Center for Loss in Multiple Births, Inc. (CLIMB)? It's a nonprofit run for and by parents who lost one or more, both or all of a multiples pregnancy. I found their resources to be very helpful in processing my grief, and both their e-mail support group for those who lost all their babies (LAMBs) and their Facebook page are very comforting to me.

    I see from the comment above that you're on BBC. There's a small group of us who experienced a loss after conceiving through IUI or IVF, and we're supporting eachother through trying again. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you a link. There are two of us in the group who both lost our twins.

    Best to you...

    ReplyDelete