Friday, February 22, 2013

Test results...sort of...Part 2

So my genetic counselor called today and advised that test number two also came back inconclusive...

Seriously??!!??

The company did not recommend doing a third test...

No shit...

So the plan is to wait until our big detailed anatomy scan on March 6th and see if any physical markers are present...enough to warrant an amnio.

We are certain it's nothing.  Even the counselor today today us it's likely a placental issue...not sure exactly what that will mean for us, but we are not going to let these inconclusive results bring us down or make us worry.  It's not worth the extra stress.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers!!

2 comments:

  1. My understanding was even the cell free DNA tests weren't necessarily recommended for multiples, much like the quad screen isn't. I'll bet your babes are both perfect, and both tests have shown the labs' limitations around multiples. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ony company the will do it is Sequenom with the MaterniT21 test. I have seen women pregnant with twins get results. So I was hoping that would apply for me too. Ther definitely limitations with multiples and IVF babies... If I have to deal with low PAPP-A then we will cross that bridge when we get there.

      Delete