Monday, February 18, 2013

16 Weeks...Every Day is a Milestone


How Far Along: 16 weeks!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I think around 5 pounds but I lost ten so I’m still under.

Maternity Clothes: Loving my maternity clothes. Waiting for the weather to get warmer so I can wear some of the skirts and stuff I bought. I still need some shirts but I’m definitely loving the maternity clothes.  And I’m looking forward to flip flops.  J  I hate any uncomfortable shows right now and heels are OUT!!

Movement: Still not yet.  I think I’m feeling an occasional flutter but I’m not sure if it’s them or my imagination.

Sleep: I’m sleeping pretty well. Still getting up to pee - not a shock.  Last night I got up FIVE times to pee!  CRAZY!!  My hips are starting to hurt from side sleeping.  I try and switch sides but it’s getting harder to flip around in bed already.

Gender: We have a guess but we are waiting until we know for sure before we announce.

Symptoms: Fatigue, round ligament pain/cramping, stuffiness, trouble sleeping and hip pain.

Cravings: Pickles…still. Otherwise carbs. And sweets…

Freak-out of the Week: Hitting the 16 weeks mark…
Looking Forward To: Getting our blood test results and every day that passes.

Next Appointment: February 27th with MFM for another cervical check and a peek at the babies.  They looked great last week and we are hoping to confirm the gender for sure.

Miscellaneous: Feeling pretty good. Lots of cramping the last couple of days – I think they are having a growth spurt.  I made it to 16 weeks finally.  At this time last pregnancy we were confirming that we couldn’t continue and preparing to head in to the hospital for induction so to be sitting here and everyone be in good health is a blessing as is every day that passes.  I will feel better with every milestone that we reach and right now every day is a milestone.

 
16 weeks – babies now measure about 4 1/2 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 3 1/2 ounces (about the size of an avocado).


I also took some belly shots this morning at 16 weeks.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment