Thursday, February 14, 2013

More updates!!

So yesterday we had our first cervical check with MFM.  I was SO nervous something was going to be wrong. 

The ultrasound tech could not have been nicer!  She checked the cervix which I am happy to say was 4cm which is nice and long and closed up tight.  If it drops below 2.5cm then that is when they start to worry so I am in the good there.

We took a look at the babies.  They were bouncing around and looked great!  Strong heartbeats and getting do big!  It had been 3 weeks since I had seen them and 5 since Todd had seen them so it was awesome.

The tech did take a peek at their genders but they aren't 100% yet so we are waiting to announce once they get a better look.  She gave one an 80% certainty but the other she was on the fence so for now we will keep waiting until it becomes clear.

Today was my OB appointment.  I love Dr. York.  Always willing to listen and be supportive.  We checked my BP which was 136/78,  We did it manually again so there was no confusion.  We took a listen to the heartbeats which he said were both in the 150s.  He also measured me and said that I was already measuring 19 weeks and I'm only 15 weeks and 3 days so that was good.  Based on the ultrasound the day before and my cervix looking great, my stable blood pressure and the fact I passed my one hour glucose test he doesn't want to see me for FOUR WEEKS!!!  He's obviously confident that everything is going well.

We decided not to do the amnio and to just repeat the MaterniT21 test at this time.  We have plenty of time for further tests if necessary.  So once I get the results I am to let Dr. York know how they turned out.

I have no appointments next week at all!!  WOW!!  After that I have ultrasounds with MFM every week for the next 3 weeks.  Two cervical checks and our big anatomy scan.  Hoping that I have the MaterniT21 results by the 27th.  That will be two weeks since the blood draw (which I did yesterday) but it took 3 weeks last time so who knows...LOL!!

Otherwise, we are staying positive and happy for all the wonderful news thus far!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment