Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What a strange morning...

So let's go back in time to 2009...before I knew I had serious fertility issues...
I had purchased this product...

It was designed for women to pee on these sticks, then put them in the monitor and it was going to tell them the best days to have sex based on predicting when the woman would ovulate.  Before you ovulate you get what is called an LH surge, a surge of hormones that idicates your body is prepping to release an egg.  It doesn't tell you if you did indeed release and egg but it's a good indicator of how to time intercourse.

I bought this monitor for about $200 and it became the biggest, most expensive paperweight ever...this is what led me to the conclusion that I don't ovulate.  This led me down the path to fertility treatments and medications that cost me an arm and a leg every cycle.

Since Todd has been traveling we postponed out next cycle until April.  That and I got AF on 2/29 on my own, which again doesn't happen often.  So I figured I would dust off the old monitor just to make me feel like I was doing something!!  Well lo' and behold this morning I am greeted with this...

This is what we call a peak.  This means that for the first time in over 3 years my body is trying to ovulate on it's own.

I'm going to go for bloodwork next week to confirm ovulation.  I'm in such shock that my body is doing something, but confused because my body has never shown signs of ovulation before...

This changes everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment