Friday, March 9, 2012

Support Group Last Night

Went to my monthly RESOLVE meeting last night.  Saw some new faces.  There were six of us total and it nice to hear some stories.  I was the only one that was really emotional because I was the only one that had experienced a loss.  So the box of tissues stayed close by.

I sometimes feel like I talk about my struggles too much, and one woman said she doesn't talk about it much because she doesn't want people to pity her.

I never actually thought about that.  I tell people because I want people to know that's it a real thing that real people struggle with.  I don't tell people because I want them to feel bad for me.  I am a strong person and a fighter and I don't need people to feel bad for me.  I just want people to know what I am going through.  Just in case they come face to face with a similar struggle or know someone who is. 

So please don't feel bad for me.  I feel bad enough for myself.  I want you to find strength in my struggle and know that it's okay to talk about it and it's okay to not talk about it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment