Friday, January 18, 2013

Woohoo - under 200 days!!

It's only 199 days until my due date - obviously they will come before that but it's nice to know!

Had an appointment with my OB yesterday at 9:30am.  We arrived on time.  I went and gave my urine sample and sat in the waiting room.  Todd mentioned he had an 11 o'clock call for work and would need to leave around 10:30 to take the call and I figured it would be no problem.  That gave us an hour.  Well apparently the OB had two emergencies and we waited almost an hour to be seen.  I was freaking out because Todd might not get to see the ultrasound...  So when they took my blood pressure it was 154/86.  Not good.  Se we were placed in a room.  We talked about how I was feeling.  This weird itchy dry patch that showed up on my neck that I now have a prescription cream for and tried to do the heartbeat Doppler on my belly (never works because I'm fluffy though I think he had it in the wrong spot).  So we went in for a quick ultrasound to check heart rates (no pictures this time...sorry).  The heart rates were 159 and 169.  I was told they were located higher than he though, which is fine with me since the farther away from may cervix the better.

We figured by the time we were done I would have been able to lower my blood pressure.  Did it again and it was 159/92.

Seriously?!?!?

I was actually pissed off it was still high.  I have awesome blood pressure always especially when I'm pregnant.

So we had to sit and talk about it.  I need to reduce my sodium (I don't have a lot in my diet anyway...) and go back next week for a recheck.

I ended up putting my cuff on at home that we have when I got home and it was 108/85.  I think it was just a fluke but they want to keep an eye on it which is fine with me...but STILL!!!  UGH!!!!!

Otherwise babies look good.

Next appointment is Wednesday the 23rd for our NT (nuchal translucency) scan.  This basically is a nice long ultrasound with the MFM to look for any markers of genetic defects.  Then right after is my BP check.  Todd will be out of town for work (lucky bastard will be in Florida) so I will take my Mom with me.  I think she will be surprised to see them move and how much bigger they are on screen.  Last time she saw them they were just little blips with heartbeats.

No comments:

Post a Comment