Monday, January 7, 2013

10 Weeks Today!!

Woohoo!

What a great accomplishment!

I'm almost out of the first trimester.  Which I am hoping to leave behind some of these early pregnancy symptoms!!

I need some energy back!!!

So I had my first OB appointment last Wednesday and we got an ultrasound!  Babies were measuring great with awesome heartbeats....189 and 172.  We had a nice chat and my OB said he was not opposed to placing a preventative cerclage to ensure they stay put.  He wants me to talk to the high risk OB (MFM) who I see this Wednesday and get a second opinion.  HE also pretty much guaranteed that I would be on bedrest at some point during the pregnancy and then be there until the end.  We also discussed forgoing any type of natural childbirth.  The plan is to schedule a c-section and deliver that way.  It's a longer recovery for me but it's best for the babies.

The date to keep in mind is February 18th.  I need to get past February 18th.  That was 16 weeks with Tobin and Miles and I'll feel so much better if I can make it farther than that.  The good news is I have not had any bleeding or spotting like I did last time so I am thankful for that!

As of tonight I am done with all my medications from my RE.  That is going to be so nice.  :)

So here is a picture (albeit a blurry one) of our Stormtroopers at 9 weeks and 2 days.


4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'll be interested in hearing what the MFM recommends RE: prophylactic cerclage. Mine, who is part of a university hospital, cites recent research and was very opposed, this my twice-monthly cervical length ultrasounds and a cerclage if/when ultrasound shows a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those babies already!!! So glad things are going in the right direction. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your Blog for a while now and had not logged in for months and I happen to see updates and yours and OH I am so happy for you! You give me hope :-) I lost my babies last summer and your blog brought me such joy. I hope you have a wonderful healthy 9 month with those storm troopers.

    ReplyDelete