Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wow...that happened FAST!

So today is CD1.  That means no pre-IVF miracle baby.  (See...relax and it will happen DOESN'T WORK!!)

I have been seeing my acupuncturist for about 4 weeks now and I love it - it makes me feel good and relaxed.

I called my RE's office today to find out how we start this.  I hit the goal weight I needed to make the phone call to the office and I spoke with Jodi, who is the IVF Coordinator.  She said to come in tomorrow for an antral follicle count ultrasound (this counts the amount of resting follicles prior to stimulating them) and a pap smear.  Okay no big deal.

Then she starts talking about next week setting up a fluid contrast ultrasound.  This is basically to check the uterus to make sure there are no polyps or anything like that.  Then she said we could do the trial transfer at the same time.  This is where they basically set you up as if they were implanting embryos to make sure they have a handle on how it's going to be done.  We are also going to do a TON of bloodwork.

Then she mentioned starting birth control pills this cycle and looking at egg retreival and setting up a calendar for a November IVF cycle...

WHAT?!?!?

I was shocked!  She informed me that December is hard to do because the lab closes for two weeks Christmas to New Year and we should do it in November just to be on the safe side.  This way the lab isn't rushed. 

I can't believe it!  I could very well be pregnant by Christmas!!!  What a gift that would be.

So I'm going to be greedy and ask for all your thoughts and prayers that this works the first time around and that we are blessed enough to have some embryos left to be frozen.

We are very excited and anxious and hopeful that this works and we can finally have our take home baby.

I will post all the details here so follow along all you folks at home and see a miracle in the making!!

1 comment:

  1. it's funny how fast a few measly months feel when all you've been doing is waiting. congrats on the quick turn-around and GL!!!

    ReplyDelete