Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Diet - yet another journey

So after meeting with the acupuncturist last week I am trying a new diet per her recommendation.  It's basically the Alkaline Diet - eating less acidic foods and I am also cutting out dairy for right now.  I went grocery shopping today and instead of buying things in boxes and jars and bags, I bought a lot of stuff that was fresh.  I bought kale and made crispy kale chips in the oven, and I made guacamole from scratch, filled with all fresh foods.  So it may cost more to buy groceries, but I know it's healthier for me.

I can still eat a lot of what I ate before - I just eat it differently.  For example - having burgers tonight.  93% lean ground beef on a grain roll with no cheese.  I might actually put some of that guacamole on the burger.  Much healthier than what I used to eat.  I'll pair it was a nice fresh salad with all fresh produce and I'll be happy.  :)

After going grocery shopping I know I can do this.  :)  I'm actually excited about changing my eating habits!  (Talk to me again in a week...LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment