Friday, September 28, 2012

IVF Appointment #1

So my appointment yesterday went well.  We did an ultrasound to get an antral follicle count.  This is basically resting follicles.  I had 36.  This does not mean I will have 36 eggs, it just means that potentially I could.  They obviously don't want that many.

Next appointment is a pap smear, fluid contrast ultrasound and trial transfer.  That's on October 4th.

I also met with Jodi, the IVF coordinator.  We went over a tentative calendar.  Well it's not really tentative.  I started birth control ast night.  I'm on an antagonist protocol (whatever that means) and I am to take birth control until 10/29.  On 10/25 Todd and I go in and I do my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork and do our injection class - with is standard protocol even though I have been stabbing myself with needles for a long time.  Then on 11/2 I start the medication.  Estimating egg retreival (ER) and egg transfer (ET) to be around the week of November 11th.  This is the week that also have Tobin and Miles one year angel-versary.  I hope that means something.

So we are off to the races.  Or for right now we are taking birth control and waiting until next week.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm on an antagonist protocol, too. You won't be too far behind me! Interestingly, my tentative ET is Oct. 15th, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. I'm hoping that means something related to my babies' assistance in this cycle.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete