Thursday, October 4, 2012

Last appointment before beginning...

So I had one more blood draw today - to check my thyroid...so hopefully no more bruised arms to speak of...

Trial transfer went great - everything looks wonderful.  My case was approved by the IVF committee at the university so I have the green light.  I'm so thrilled.  So far all the labs have come back good, so hopefully nothing will pop up unexpectedly.

Now I am pricing out my meds.  My IVF coordinator has a few coupons which will save me about $400.  I'm thinking I should be able to pay less than $2,500 for all my meds.  Which is a HUGE relief.  I was anticipating it being much more.

So for now I am keeping up with my weight loss goals and my acupuncture, and I go back in 3 weeks for my baseline and to sign all the consent forms which Todd and I have to go over.  (What do we do if we have frozen embryos and one of us dies, or both of us die, or we get divorced...do we dispose, donate science, etc...)

Lots of things to do to get ready but now most of them are done.  Pretty soon it's just going to be a lot of needles...  I'm scared and excited at the same time.

Thanks for all of the thoughts.  Support is so important through this process and I think we have a wonderful support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment